Monday, March 21, 2011

There's a mouse in the house ... or why it's good to talk to your neighbors (update)

I went downstairs this afternoon because I felt like our neighbor below us needed to know about the mouse issues. Amongst other talking points about how badly the maintenance team here sucks, she said that around midnight-1 most nights they hear thumping/scratching coming from the wall between their living room and bedroom, high up toward the ceiling... a. k. a. our floor. I told her that that is definitely not us, as we are usually in bed by 9:00, 10:00 if we're feelin' wild and crazy. She was very nice and friendly and it was nice to chat with her a bit, even if it wasn't the most fun of topics. Sure did make me feel like, once again, we got had moving in here though. Sounds like they take maintenance issues about as seriously as I take baseball. Which is to say, not at all.

So, I'm a little frustrated but also a little relieved. I am totally wigged out (yup, I said wigged out) by the thought of mice in the floor/walls. I am definitely going to have a lengthy chat with the office tomorrow, because seriously? Ew. I want pest control ripping into the external walls if necessary. So why relieved? It was nice to have a friendly chat with the downstairs neighbor, and get to know her just a bit. Makes me feel a little better to have someone else in our building to comiserate with. And it's nice to know that when she came up here that night to complain about how loud we were being, she was just at her wit's end trying to get her daughter to sleep. And boy, do I know how that feels, and the frustration that comes with it.
And hey, she was probably just hearing mice in her ceiling anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment