Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Looking forward, never back

We had a good doctor visit today. Everything looks normal and healthy, and all seems good to go. Next visit is my blood glucose check, to test for gestational diabetes. I didn't have it with Gage; hopefully I won't have it with this pregnancy, either. This pregnancy seems to be flying by! I can't believe my third trimester starts January 14, and I've only got 103 days left, provided my due date is correct.

I look forward to not being pregnant anymore. I've been working on our registry, which is hard. We have quite a bit of stuff left over from Gage, but we've also gotten rid of a lot of stuff, due to moves, space restrictions, etc. Most of what I've put on our registry as needs are the more expensive stuff, so that's kind of hard because I can't figure that everyone who looks at our registry and may want to gift us with something will want to spend $200 on a double stroller for us. And I don't blame them, haha. But we just don't need things like receiving blankets, towels, washcloths, etc. Kind of a strange experience, prepping for a second kid! 

In the second trimester, I've definitely been feeling better though. I'm still having some acne problems (and how,) and I'm still really exhausted, run down, etc. I'm also still having massive sleep problems, which are likely to just get worse as the pregnancy goes along and my size increases. 

I'm still doing well for pregnancy weight gain, which makes me proud. I've gained a bit more than I'd wanted to, but not anywhere near what I gained with Gage, and the doctor thinks I'm gaining perfectly. I think we've decided not to move this year, which is simultaneously awesome and too bad. I don't like where we're at and I don't think it's the best place for us, but I also don't want to move with a toddler while pregnant and deal with the hassle of moving when we really don't have to. We can tough it out here another year, and hopefully find something just right for us next year. 

Guess that's about it for me right now. I'm tired and it's late; which means I should give a shot to going to bed. Well, subjectively late anyway... it's 10:00 pm, which is late when you only got 4 hours of sleep last night. The insomnia is awful this pregnancy. 

Man, sometimes my posts are so boring I think THEY could be a cure for insomnia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment