Friday, May 10, 2013

Warning: More Weight Loss stuff ahead

If you're sick of reading about my weight loss journey, you can skip this one.

Yesterday, I lost another 1.6 lbs. I'm a little under four pounds away from losing both another 5 lbs and also hitting my 10% goal! I'm so excited, primarily because it feels really good to be losing, and also because I'm proud of myself for getting back on track.

I got off for so long that I honestly didn't know how I was going to get back to it. I prayed, I cried, I talked about it ad nauseum with people trying to figure how I would get my motivation back. Nothing worked. (well, prayer always works but it isn't on our time, haha). Until I gained a substantial amount of weight for one week and recommitted! It's been amazing to see that scale moving EVERY week. For a while I was doing one week down, one week up. It made for slow weight loss and a lot of discouragement. Then I quit tracking, quit watching what I ate, and my ups were equal or greater than my downs.

I thought to myself, ok, this is it. Keep going, and get back on track, because going to some meetings isn't going to peel the weight off, and it's becoming a waste of money, or get back on program and REALLY do it. Obviously, I chose to get back on program and REALLY do it.

And I am absolutely thrilled with the results. I am feeling so good and so proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment