Monday, July 4, 2011

Cry-it-out, night 20.. can't believe we've been going so long.

Happy 4th of July! So thankful for this country and all that it stands for. I am very proud to be an American and I thank all of our vets for the sacrifice they make to keep our country free.

I may be off on a couple days count but last night was definitely the 20th night. I'll go through when I am on my computer next and try to correct the days.

So last night may have been the breakthrough we have been waiting for. We put Gage to bed at 7:45 PM (he initiated his bedtime routine early,) and we went to bed just passed 11:00. We heard him stirring a bit around 11:30, and with all the fireworks noise outside, we thought for sure he would wake up. For all of our sanity, we had decided if he woke up we would bring the little guy to bed with us. He never progressed to crying. Suddenly I woke up, saw dim light filtering through through window, and realized it was 5:07 AM! As I write this it is almost 6:00 AM and he is still sleeping. Hooray! Now, if only I could go back to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment