Thursday, September 8, 2011

Time to play the lottery, perhaps...

So, I never really win anything. Usually I don't even participate in raffles/contests/etc because I typically don't win and then I get sad. Yep, I'm kind of a sore loser, especially when the prizes are awesome stuff. A couple years back, though, I won a digital camera in a work raffle, which would have been terrific, if Brian and I didn't already have one. I was still pretty stoked though, given my lack of ever winning. But then my co-worker, who'd won an iPod Nano, lamented that they wished they had won the camera instead because they didn't have a digital camera. I didn't have a working iPod at the time (other than a Shuffle) and I would've loved to have won an iPod. We traded, and both of us were thrilled. Anyway, I went back to my non-winning spree for a few years, until I started throwing my name into the hat when people would have bloggy raffles on blogs that I enjoy. Now, I by no mean enter every bloggy contest that I see on a blog I love, because let's face it, I'm not putting my name in the digital hat if I am not even interested in the prize. That's just mean to those folks who would LOVE the prize.

Last month (I think August, but maybe July), a blog I enjoy the heck out of, Christian Mama's guide, had a raffle with a company they were working with, the Little Card Company. I went to their website, checked out their stuff, and loved the company and the product. Christian Mama's raffle was for a little gift pack with a small tote, free thank yous, and a $15 gift card for the Little Card Company. I entered, and WOW! I ended up winning. The gift pack was so super cute, they shipped it fast, and I was so excited to have won. I still haven't used my $15 because they have so much neat stuff I can't decide, but rest assured I will!  I need to pick up Christian Mama's book too - if you're pregnant, look for "The Christian Mama's Guide to Having a Baby." Even though I've done this pregnancy thing once before, I'd still love to read her book. Just need to order it, and stop being lazy. HA!

Anyway, so mid-August I was browsing blogs on my Google Reader, and another of my favorite blogs, Secrets of a Running Mom, was having a giveaway for a Road ID wrist band identification. As a sometimes runner and frequent walker, especially someone who walks with a child, I was pretty excited to enter that drawing. I figured I wouldn't win, but I put in multiple entries, as outlined by the raffle. Lo and behold, I found out today (I was drawn yesterday, but didn't read any blogs as we were busy) that I actually WON the Road ID wrist band ID! I am over the moon, seriously. I know this seems like a silly thing to be super excited about, but really, how cool. If you're active and frequently run/walk/bike/etc on your own, you really should check out Road ID. It could make all the difference in the world if you needed to be ID'd out in the world without your purse/wallet. Oh, and thanks to RunMom for pointing out that I don't have a clear "Contact Me" button in my blog... so I've added one up there at the top under my banner.

Thanks so much to both of these awesome bloggers who've thrown these cool giveaways. It's so fun to win something here and there, just for reading someone's words who you enjoy.

Bloggy disclaimers: I am affiliated with none of the blogs or companies. I simply wanted to give a little shout out to those who've done some cool raffles (that, ya know, I won) and to the companies who provided great products for the giveaways. I was not compensated in any way for writing these things about these blogs or these companies, except for being the randomly chosen winner of these two raffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment