Saturday, September 24, 2011

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y, NIGHT, hey!

That song always makes me think of partying, getting all fired up to go out and do fun stuff until all hours of the night. 'Course I don't do that anymore. We do fun stuff at home 'til the early hours of the night, ha. And I am SO ok with that. We are enjoying a quiet evening with college football on TV, a sleeping son, me blogging, and Brian trying his dangdest to fix his friend/co-worker Tony's phone. It's an HTC MyTouch 4G, and it's stuck in an endless bootloop. Maybe it's ROM related, maybe battery related. We don't have a battery that fits it, so it's hard to test. I appreciate that Brian wants to fix this phone so badly he's been working on it all day. I would tell you how he's a nice guy. But that would ruin his street cred.

Oh, I kid. Nothing could ruin his street cred.

Speaking of street cred, I have to tell you I'm a failure as a volunteer. I know you remember the project for Sox Place that I told you about a while back? Yeah... I've totally dropped the ball. I would say it's because this pregnancy has knocked my socks off, (it has) but a few years back I decided to give up excuses. So I'll just say I want to try harder on it. Hopefully tomorrow I can get going again. Maybe I'll even start tonight.
We've been pretty much around the house this week. A couple trips to Target were about as crazy as we got. It's been a fun week though, and the weather has been beautiful. I need to get walking as the weather cools but isn't yet cold. I love walking in the fall, and I know Gage just loves walking. I'm also going to work harder to be vigilant about my weight gain and food intake in this pregnancy. I'm looking to only gain about 20 lbs (that's what the doc recommended because I'm a little heavy already) and so I need to be making up my extra calories with fruits and veggies. The difficult thing about this pregnancy and food is that I will be nauseous for hours, and not hungry, then suddenly the nausea subsides and I'm so ravenous I'm light-headed, then I'm ready to eat everything in sight. It's very weird. With Gage, I was just always hungry.
Everyone wonders if we want a girl. Scratch that. Everyone ASSUMES we want a girl. I don't care either way. I'll love either just the same. And I really wouldn't mind another little guy. The one I have is WAY awesome.

My parents took a Colorado vacation week. They drove around to places like the sand dunes, Snowmass, Creede, and rode the Cumbre and Toltec scenic railway. They came back Thursday in time to watch Gage for us while we visited the baby doc (we were very grateful). I guess they had a wonderful time, did some beautiful hikes, and didn't want to come home. I'm only a little jealous. Not really though, they deserve it. I missed Gage and my weekly visit with them though, so it was nice when they came home. My folks are transplants to Colorado, but they're native at heart.

I hope Gage can feel like a native here. He has lived here longer than he did in NM. This state has so much to offer. When we moved to NM, I didn't think I would ever want to come back to Colorado. But my feelings changed when Gage came, and Brian's did too. I hope that we can make the sort of memories with Gage that my folks did with me and my brother; we were always hiking or camping or skiing or going to Estes to listen to elk bugle. My parents took great advantage of this state we lived in. I hope we can too.

Man, this has gotten long and rambling. This entry is a miscellaneous mismatch of stuff that hopefully was an enjoyable read. You know, like when you throw together Corona, lime juice, tequila, and Sprite to make beer-itas for Saturday night parties. Doesn't seem like it would work, but somehow it does. 'Course, it's been at least three years since I have made any cocktail, let alone bulk cocktails. And that's no complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment