Thursday, March 31, 2011

Houses and mouses and sleep. Ok, mice. Screw up my rhyme!

In the big news of the day, our Albuquerque house is funded, closed, sold, and GONE! We are so relieved to not have that place weighing on us anymore.

We caught our fifth mouse on the patio today. Yuck! This guy was full and fat. He was on a sticky pad but who knows if he had been eating Decon. They gross me out so bad, with their awfully mousy crawling around and Hanta virus having. I'm not sure if I'll ever be comfortable with our patio again. Blech.

Gage is doing well with sleeping on the air mattress in his room. He is still pretty attached to me in the night though. We'll start working on that over the next few nights! Hopefully we'll continue to see progress. Still undecided about crib v. toddler bed; we're just kind of wingin' it right now.

I had a very nice, very long talk with the Editor-in-Chief of the mag today. I think we got some issues sorted out, on my end and his. I talk a good game about wanting to quit sometimes, but when it comes right down to it, I like being a part of the magazine and being a part of the car scene through it. It makes me happy, but I need to get back to putting my heart into it. And I need some help with that, and the EIC seems willing to help. Which is good, because we lost a few more advertisers and I got another pay cut. Not performance based but simply to help keep the mag afloat a little longer. I don't like it, I think it's my third or fourth pay cut since the economy started tanking, but I can live with it. It isn't about me.

I also got more done on the writing for Brian's uncle. I will make my self imposed deadline of tomorrow! I'm so glad to have been given the motivation I needed to get the project underway, and wrapped. If you're interested in learning more about Sox Place, check out www.soxplace.com. Believe me when I say it is an amazing, worthy ministry deserving of your prayers, if nothing else. Doyle (Sox) and crew really are doing great things for this world, and being the hands and feet of Jesus here on earth. They love the unlovable and reach the unreachable with their drop-in center for street youth in downtown Denver. I'm trying to put together basically a promotional packet so that potential investors have some info about the program all in one place. It is a ton of work, but it is finally coming together. I was asked to do it, of course, because of my writing background... Doyle believes in utilizing the talents that God has placed around him, and I fully agree with that!

So, it has been a big day for us! And tomorrow is Friday which is most excellent because this is Brian's weekend off. Most excellent reminds me of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey. I loved those movies. Wonder if they've been redone in Bluray? I should check that out, or at least get them from Netflix. Quite possibly the only movies where the sequel was more excellent than the original, at least to me. Bogus Journey blew Excellent Adventure out of the water. Anyway, enough of that tangent.
We are no longer home owners! Hooray! Things I like Thursday will be back next week with some things I like. I just wasn't feeling it this week, too much extraneous stuff going on. Y'all have a good night, now, ya hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment