Saturday, August 27, 2011

The one in which I whine like I actually have it bad...

Can I start by saying that I know a lot of other have it worse than me? I know I'm so blessed and please don't think I'm losing sight of that. But, man, it has just been a rough few days.

Today, Gage has a cold that he likely picked up when we were at the doctor's office, where we found that we should have a speech evaluation done for him. I think it's likely there are no real issues with his speech, but I don't mind having him checked out just in case. We kind of knew last night that we might wake up to a sick kid today. We kept hearing little uncomfortable coughs through the baby monitor, and Gage isn't a night cougher. Sure enough, he woke up this morning with a seriously runny nose and stuffed up head.

Yesterday, we had a great doctor's appointment, where we found out the new baby is healthy and has a strong heartbeat. Then I came home and called the insurance company to find out about co-pays and whatnot, and found that we are going to be SO screwed monetarily through the process of having this baby. I won't give you specifics, but our payout will be in the neighborhood of $3k. Seriously. We are probably going to pay more out of pocket than the insurance company will. So that's pretty crushing!

I got a prescription to help me with the crippling nausea I've been experiencing with this pregnancy, and it sure takes the nausea away. But it gives me crippling headaches. Go figure. On top of my horrible headache, I'm getting a stye in my right eye and ooooh, it hurts! Speaking of pregnancy symptoms, it has been a rough pregnancy. I won't harp on it too much, but suffice it to say the nausea, light headedness, abdominal stretching pain, acne, exhaustion, heart palpitations, and constant thirst are all normal, all miserable, and all things I didn't have much with Gage. Well, I had some acne, a tiny bit of exhaustion and a little nausea after eating, but nothing like this. Definitely goes to show all pregnancies are different!

It's just been a little rough. Thanks for letting me vent. I know it will all be ok, and I know we'll get through it. I can count my blessings and know that I'm in a lot better situation than so many other people. Just sometimes feels like a lot piling up.

No comments:

Post a Comment