Friday, January 28, 2011

Cloth Diapers, Part II

Maybe you're wondering how the cloth diapering is going? It has been a week or so, and I can tell you... it is WAY more work than disposables. And worth every extra minute!! I love knowing exactly what touches my little guy in his most delicate region. It's just cotton, or fleece at night to wick the moisture from his skin. I also love that I'm not essentially throwing away $.50 every single time I change him!

The next step is doing away with disposable wipes. It seems like washable wipes would be more of a pain than disposable... but let me tell you, it is a BIG pain to seperate out the throw away part from the washable part! I would much rather just toss it all in the pail together and wash it up.

Only a few more days till our move, and I have discovered something I'll miss about living with my parents: the sterilization setting on their washer. It's pretty nice. But alas, hopefully our washer at the apartment will at least have a hot setting. Ok, I'll miss a few things beyond that, but I won't miss never having any alone time with my own little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment