Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Beat the Sweets Today!!!

My brother, Todd, and his wife Cara came over for dinner. My Mom really pushed to make brownies for dessert. I repeatedly told her no (yay!) Then after dinner, my Mom told Todd he should go to the store for dessert. Well, he decided he would go and ultimately did. In order to avoid the temptation, I took Gage to bed. The coolest part? Todd got ice cream, which I normally love. It didn't even sound all that great to me! But I was glad I could avoid the temptation. I've gotten sort of off track from WW over the past few weeks. This week, I pledge to restart, and work even harder. I will continue the sugar-free-ness, but I will take it one step further. I will make it an 8 week sugar ban, and I will try to cut down/out high fructose corn syrup as well.

There are two reasons I am so set on losing weight. Well, three actually. The first is for my health. Obviously, being overweight is terrible for you. And I want to live a long, healthy, active life with my son and future children. Which brings to my second reason. I want to set a good example for Gage. Being active, eating right, enjoying a healthy lifestyle... these things are learned at home. I don't want him growing up thinking that fast food is healthy. My third and final reason is much more sweeping. I want to release this very American idea that more food is better, the sweeter the better, the saltier the better, the bigger the better. Processed foods and refined sugars are taking over our tables and this is just not right!

I resolve today, while giving up sweets and cutting out as much HFCS as possible, to become more label aware, choose a fresh version when possible, and to do more scratch cooking when we get out of here. I want to bake our bread again! I used to and I loved it. I want a better life than so many settle for nutritionally. I don't want to just accept that fat is in and obesity is ok with most people! I'm all for loving yourself... but not when you aren't even healthy!

I'll also be trying out our new Wii games, EA Active and NFL Training Camp. Gonna try doing them in the mornings when Gage is happy and playful. I am going to power through my rut and come out the other side with big gains made by having big losses!

Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment