Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Have to Say It Was A Good Day

Yesterday, I woke up late because Gage woke up late. I hadn't gotten a very good night's sleep, and I had to go to Weight Watchers with my mom. I threw on some clothes, Gage and I headed upstairs... only to find out my mom had turned her alarm clock off instead of hitting snooze, so she was just getting up at 5 minutes before we needed to leave, or be late. I started fixing Gage's breakfast, feeling like a huge, dark cloud was settling over me. Tired, with a late start, having to go get weighed when I knew I hadn't had an optimal week.

My mom got downstairs, and I snapped at her in response to the first thing she said to me. I then took a step back, and looked at myself. Most of my bitterness was for things that were my own doing!

"Lord," I said, "I need to give you this day. It is already off to a rough start and I'm taking it out on everyone around me. Take this day, I don't want it anymore, and do with it what you will."

I finished Gage's breakfast and turned him over to my dad; mom and I headed to Weight Watchers. I stepped on the scale and discovered I had neither gained nor lost! This made me happy, not having had a good week. Apparently it wasn't as bad as I thought. It cheered me immensely, and instead of feeling down at not losing, I was instead ecstatic that I hadn't gained.

Mom and I headed home after the meeting, found Gage in really great spirits. We decided to go have a waffle (not that bad for you, did you know that?) And had a really nice time. Then it was off to lunch with Brian and his dad, which was also really nice. We got home, and Gage played by himself long enough for me to do some Wii exercising. I felt happy, and good, all day long!

Then Gage took a nap. He napped for 2.5 hours, despite quite a lot of noise from upstairs. He woke up, and we were playing on the bed when he crawled into my lap and put his head down. I started rubbing his back, and anytime I'd stop, he would squirm for more. So I kept rubbing his little back. Before I knew it, he was asleep again!!! Right there with his precious little baby head in my lap. It was a perfect, beautiful moment that I wished I could bottle, take out, and have a couple sips of when I need a boost.

The memories of this perfect age fade so fast. I only hope I can always recall what it feels like to be momma to this baby angel here on earth, this special guy who came to be part of our family 13 months and 17 days ago.

And when he's 14 years old and says things like, "Moooooom, you are SO LAME!!" I hope I can give that day to God, and have another perfect moment of bliss and memory making. The best way to insure that? Give each day over to God!

2 comments:

  1. Aww what a sweet moment with Gage Baby. I'm glad your day turned around!

    Love,

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara, yes! Such a nice moment with Gage!!!

    ReplyDelete