Saturday, April 27, 2013

March for Babies

I did the March of Dimes March for Babies today. It was really fun and felt good. All told, I walked about 5 miles. It was lengthy. It was technically a 5k, but by the time we walked in from the parking lot, wandered around, got the starting line, finished the race, ate lunch, and walked back to the car, it was more than 5k. My legs are really tired tonight, but I was very proud of doing it and also proud of Gage and Sophie, because they did GREAT. Gage got a little whiny when he got hungry about halfway through (I had taken snacks for him but forgot them in the car, ugh) and he was a bit fussy while waiting for food in the lunch line because he wanted a hot dog immediately. But all in all, everything went really, really well.

It was fun, it was packed, and it was inspirational to read all of the stories about the preemies while walking. I would definitely do it again. My friend who lead the team made everyone shirts, and I made everyone hair flowers. Everyone liked the hair flowers which was good. Last night I dreamed everyone though they were lame and then I was sad. I'm such a weirdo.

I am exhausted. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night, walked close to 5 miles today, and was out in the hot sun for much of the day (forgot to sunscreen my face. Burnt.) and I'm beat. Off to bed, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment