Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chili's is the Carl's Jr. of Family Dining Establishments

It's true. You know how if you're going to eat fast food, you know there are fast food establishments that aren't AS bad for you (Chick-Fil-a) and then there is the worst of the worst for you... Carl's Jr. Chili's is so bad for you yet their food is pretty tasty with all that fat. We went to Chili's last night for Brian's birthday. We had so much fun, it was just the three of us.

Brian got a buffalo chicken sandwich and I got the Shiner Bock BBQ burger. We split an order of queso. Just so you have something to reference, I am alloted 31 points per day on Weight Watchers. Now, I didn't think my burger was going to be a healthy choice by any stretch; I figured 20-25 points for the burger and a few fries. I figured 10 for half the queso. You get extra points each week on WW so you can enjoy a splurge now and then. So I knew I would go over for the day, but figured I would fall well short of the weekly points allotment. Boy was I wrong.

My burger, as served, with fries (I ate less than half but still) was 41 points. The queso, as served, was also 41 points, so 20.5 per person for those of us splitting. I counted my burger and fries as 31 since I didn't eat all of my fries, or even half. I counted half the queso. I ate 51.5 points for dinner alone!!! Ugh!!

I didn't regret it. We had fun and enjoyed our dinners. It made me thankful though, for Weight Watchers and tracking. I'll need to have a low-points, healthy-eating, exercise-packed week from now until Sunday! The old, fat thinking me would have chowed that meal (including ALL of the fries), and never thought twice about it. Now I know that what I ate was unhealthy, and I can correct for it.

Did you know that Chili's Chipotle Chicken Crispers are one of the worst restaurant foods in America? It's true. Thanks, Chili's, the Carl's Jr. of family dining, for doing your part to add to America's obesity problem.
Thank you to Brian for this topic. He said last night after we figured points for my dinner, "Chili's is like Carl's Jr.!" And this topic was born. :) I have such a terrific, witty husband. I love you, Brian. I hope you had a fun birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment