Thursday, February 24, 2011

We Slept In! But Sleep is A Relative Term

It's 7:45 and Gage is still in and out of sleep! Of course he's been in and out of sleep for many hours... by which I mean all night!

I hope and pray that when the time comes (soon) that we'll have the wisdom to get the little guy sleep trained and into his crib. Oh, and night weaned.

Back when he was born I had this fantasy that at 12 months sharp we'd start weaning, and by 13 months he'd be done. Of course in this fantasy, I also never saw him taking over our bed, either. I never thought we'd even entertain the idea of co-sleeping. But when life happened, and we knew we'd be leaving my parent's house when he was 14 months old, I thought there was enough change in the works for him, without adding weaning and sleep training. God willing, we'll be starting sleep training next week.

I know there will be lots of crying, jumping up and down and difficulty falling asleep. But hopefully Gage can sleep though me doing all that. Seriously though, I know it won't be easy. But I know He will guide us and help us do the right thing, for all of us.

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment