1. Remington Style 1 1/2" Flat Iron with "bonus" comb. I picked this up from Target the day I got my new haircut. I wanted a better quality flat iron than my ancient Vidal Sassoon flat iron that fried and ripped out my hair. But I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money, so I was looking at the lower end. The lowest priced were $14.99, but I didn't want to go ridiculously cheap. When I saw the pink Remington style, I thought it was cute, and the price was right at $19.95. It came with a comb attachment that I figured I would throw in a drawer. And, hey, how better to pick hair styling tools than by cuteness? It proved more than just good looks the first time I used it; I even thought I would give the comb attachment a try... it really does make a huge difference! It detangles while straightening which is awesome. It was SO worth the $20! If you're in the market for a reasonably priced flat iron, I definitely recommend this one.
2. Garnier Anti-Frizz Serum (Sleek 'N Shine) It smells nice, and it slicks my hair, making it easier to comb right after a shower. Helps sleek really fine, wavy hair, like mine. I tend to shower in the evenings when Brian gets home, so I just throw a palm full of this in before I comb, let my hair dry overnight, and straighten the next day. I think it makes a big difference in the sleekness!
3. Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Protector. It smells soooo good. It can be used on wet or dry hair which is great since I usually straighten in the morning with dry hair. It gives a little extra shine and protection.
4. Maybelline Volum' Express the Falsies mascara. When they first advertised this, I said I would never buy because of ridiculous name and worse ad campaign. But alas, I am mascara fickle. My last mascara try was Lash Stilleto and I liked it ok but didn't love it. When I realized I was almost out, I wanted to try something different. I couldn't make up my mind and all of the newer mascaras on the market were around $10. I was feeling cheap and just didn't want to pay $10 for a new little tube of mascara. I was on the verge of leaving without choosing a mascara, and scraping the sides of the Lash Stilleto for another week, when I saw that "Falsies" was on sale for under $6. After a few moments internal debate, I decided to give it a try. I like it pretty well, I would say! Would I buy it again next time I need mascara? Maybe... but that's going a bit far. By then I'll probably want to try something new. But for now, I quite like the Falsies, despite the ridiculous name and horrendous ad campaign.
5. Chapstick. Basic Chapstick, original flavor. I am allergic/sensitive to nearly all lip things. Most every lip gloss, lip stick, or lip stain cause my lips to peel. I have had success with a couple of stains, but who wants to wear a lip stain every day? Even those stains that work for me cause issues with extended use. I can't use most girly lip balms because they, too, cause the dreaded peeling. Heck, even different flavors of Chapstick irritate my lips. But not original Chapstick in the plain, black tube. It works great, and actually brings out the natural color in my lips. Weird, but true. Hey, I live at a mile high, what can I say? You don't run around with naked lips at this altitude.
6. (You get 6 things today, lucky you!) Up and Up (Target brand) Zyrtec. Have I told you before how much I love Up and Up, Target's generic? I know I have, but maybe you're new here. Target's generic rocks. Anyway, Up and Up's version of Zyrtec has an identical blend of ingredients as far as I could tell, and works GREAT-for a fraction of the Zyrtec cost. And as someone who SUFFERS from spring allergies, this is wonderful. It is so nice to have at least a little relief from spring allergies... without going into debt to do it.
There you go! Now maybe I can get my little guy to sleep. Seems if he manages two naps in a day, he doesn't go to bed at night. But that's a post for another day. As with all Things I like Thursday, standard bloggy disclaimers apply; I'm not being compensated in any way for my opinions on any of these items, and my endoresement of these items is my own opinion. All that fun stuff said, hooray, tomorrow's Friday!