Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cars ... but not the movie

I meant to post this a while back. It's a car post. Somehow Blogger for Android failed to put it up. So it will post today. Anyway, I thought I would tell you about all the cars I've loved before. Or hated before, in the case of some of them.

I'm kinda car-fickle. This may be why I'm back in the Maxima while Brian enjoys the Sube.

Here goes:

1.1986 Honda CRX. This was my first car and oh what fun it was. It was white, and my parents bought it from my eye doctor. I coveted something with more seats so I wouldn't have to make short friends cram into the hatch if more than one friend needed a ride. Not that I would have ever done something illegal like that.

2. 1992 Acura Integra. I thought I would rather have an Integra two years newer than the others in the price range with fewer options. It was black and not so pretty. Someone poured aircraft paint remover on its hood once. While I owned it. I imagine I annoyed the wrong person on the road.

3. 1996 Acura Integra GS-R. How cool did I think I was for this car. I got tickets in it. It was BRIGHT RED. I thought I was too cool to make the car payments, that's for sure. My dad repo'd it, gave it to my mom, then traded it on a Subaru Outback. They gave me my next car for free... biggest lifetime car regret was trading that free car a few months later. What was the free car?

4. 1992 Subaru Legacy. My folks bought it new in 1992. It was a reliable, one owner car. And frightfully boring to 19 year old me. It was a really nice car, a pretty dark blue. I traded it on something lame, too...

5. 1994 Isuzu Rodeo/Honda Passport. Something was SO wrong with it. I couldn't get license plates on it due to weird badging/title issues. It was never clear if it was a Passport or a Rodeo. The DMV does not like that. I asked the dealer to take it back. And they sure did! As a TRADE IN. I didn't know better. So I bought...

6. 1994 Honda delSol. What a pile of junk. It got broken into shortly after I met Brian. He hated it, my parents hated it, and I hated it after the break-in. So I traded it in.

7. 2000 Subaru Fotester. It was dark red and had a safari roof. We hit an elk in it and it barely got dented. Tough car! It was pretty nice, I sort of wish I had kept it, too.

8. 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I liked this a lot. But it had a V8 and we lived in Castle Rock. It was not practical for the commute. But before I traded it in, I was gifted a really neat vehicle.

9. 1971 Ford Bronco. A friend from high school got in touch with me when his dad was trying to unload his one owner Bronco. I took it and gave it away again. Long story there, but I should've given it to my dad. My mom would not have been pleased though.

10. 2000 Nissan Maxima. I bought this after being turned down for a Civic. Man, did I win that deal. This was such a terrific car. I drove it longer than any other car I had. I loved it, except the color, which grew on me over the years. It was silver blue and no one could ever remember what color it was. Apparently it was also invisible; it got hit by a truck in a parking lot. While I was in it. It was repaired very poorly and I slowly liked it less and less. When we discovered it was starting to develop some serious problems, we traded it in. On what?

11. 2003 Nissan Maxima Titanium Edition. This Max is the one we currently have it is a really good car! Who knows how long we'll keep it. Sometimes we wish for something more suited to Colorado. Like our other car... 12. 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback. It's a cool little sport wagon. It'll be great for winter time. It got us through last winter. It is such a nice little car. We will have it for a while. So there you have it. My car history! I love cars. At least this post delaying itself gives a nice break in the cry-it-out action.

No comments:

Post a Comment