Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cry-it-out. Night 1.

It is awful. We started his bedtime routine around 8:30 PM. Got him into bed at 9:00. It has only been 7 minutes but it feels like it has been a lifetime. But we have to be strong, for his sake. I can't remember the last time he got a full, decent might's sleep without waking up every couple hours to nurse. He is always tired and the only way to fix that is to get him to sleep in his own bed. But it feels like my heart is being ripped from ny body listening to him cry for us. We had to turn his crib around because he was inches from crawling out. Ugh. This sucks hard core. And I know he has to stay in bed til 8:00 AM because we are aiming for a 9:00 PM bedtime with an 8:00 AM wake up. He has shown through logging that 8:00 is his optimal wake up time. So we shall see. Ugh.

More to come as we go. I doubt I'll be sleeping tonight.

Update: it's 10:06 PM and the little guy is still crying. Hasn't dropped off to sleep once. Brian and I feel like our hearts are breaking. This is SO awful. But we are trying to stay strong, for Gage's ultimate good.

Update: 10:14 and there is silence from the fella's bedroom. Just the occasional whimpery fuss. Which is also heartbreaking. I picture him hating me in the morning.

Update: he slept 14 minutes only to awake sobbing at 10:29. So terrible. All I want to do is comfort him.

10:55 and he is out again. We'll see how long it lasts. Ugh.

Midnight, Chevy barked a little and woke him up. He settled back down to sleep by 12:08. Lots of scuffle noises through the monitor. Cautiously optimistic that those sounds are him changing positions, getting comfy in his sleep.

He awoke for briefly at 2:08 AM. He went back to sleep shortly.

He is very unhappy about 4 AM. But he went back to sleep within 5-10 minutes.

Final update: it is now 6:16 AM and he is still sleeping. It was a hellish night but I feel a tiny bit of progress may have been made. I'm cautiously optimistic. Oh, and exhausted. I fell asleep around 1:15, and it took me about 20 minutes to fall back asleep each time he cried. It is gonna be a loooong day. I sure do love that little fella.

No comments:

Post a Comment