Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cry-it-out night 6; Happy Father's day!

You'll see this post with the date on it of Father's day. Know that I tried to post this then, so even though I'm typing it Monday night, it was intended to go up yesterday. Thanks, Blogger for Android. Anyway.

To start with, happy Father's day to all the daddies out there! I grew up with a great one, married a guy who has a great one, and lo and behold, he IS a great daddy, too. I'm so happy and blessed to have married a guy who is such a great husband and father. Happy Father's day, Brian. Hope it was wonderful.

I made us omelettes for breakfast. They were delicious and fluffy. Brian's had bacon bits, cheddar, and mushrooms; mine had bacon bits, cheddar, and bell pepper. After brunch and nap, Brian's dad came over to hang out with us for a bit. It was really nice to see him, and I worked on my contribution to my family's Father's day BBQ ... home made rolls and compound butters. I made a dill-garlic compound butter and a strawberry-honey compound butter. Both came out absolutely delicious, as did my home made rolls. I was really happy with them. Gage played in the sandbox for the first time. He loved it!
It never ceases to amaze me what a good kid he is. He was exhausted; his nap had been cut short, and still, he was a happy, fun guy right up until we got in the car to go home. He got a little fussy a couple times, but no major meltdowns.

When we got home it was a different story. We started bedtime a little later than usual, (we got home at 9:00 PM,) so it was a little rough for him. We got Gage into bed by 9:30, and he was mostly content, just fussing a little bit and playing with his Summer Infant Slumber Buddy Frog. He can turn it on himself, and seemed to enjoy playing with it in his crib. We could hear the buttons click, and music came on. After 30 minutes it turns itself off, and there had been no more crying. That was at 10:10. He woke up once and fussed a little but overall, he slept until 6:00 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment