Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Not because I'm a pushover or anything....

But because I'm a pushover, I retracted my resignation from the magazine. Seriously though, I had a long talk with the Editor-in-Chief today about my issues. I got my promotion, got a promise that he'll help ensure I get pay checks on time, and that he will work with me on edits if need be. So overall, I'm happy with what resigning did for me at that job. I had really intended to stick to my guns and stay quit but it is hard when someone makes it clear that they really do value you.

In other news, tonight we start cry-it-out. Gage had his 18 month check-up last Friday, and got a great bill of health. He is 33" tall (70th percentile, roughly) and 23.7 lbs (20th percentile, roughly) so he's growing great. The doctor said he is clearly very smart, well coordinated, and has a great bond with his parents. Naturally, I asked if he had any tips for getting the little guy out of our bed. He said at this point, cry-it-out is about the only way. He said the studies that show it leading to abandonment issues are very skewed and that with as good a bond as I have with him, making him have some independent sleep time is not going to break that bond, rather it will enforce that Gage can have sleep time alone and still have parents who love him and would do anything for him. (Nice run-on sentence.) So I'll keep you posted on how that goes. I won't wean him til after he gets settled with sleeping on his own, I don't want to take away that comfort for him right now. It'll be a hard enough transition without weaning at the same time! I know there will be a LOT of tears around here tonight! And Gage will probably cry some, too.

We had a nice weekend, just did errands and walks and fun stuff like that. Generally enjoyed ourselves and hanging out as a family. Brian's dad brought us Cars (the movie) Sunday night, so we all watched and enjoyed that. He also brought dinner!

Today is my mom's and Brian's dad's birthday. Yup, both were born on June 14. And they were even born the same year! How crazy is that?! So, happy birthday to my mom and my second dad.

Also, happy Flag day. A good day to remember all of the sacrifices of our troops, past and present, that we may live in a free country.

I guess that's about all for now, but I'll probably be updating periodically through the night, based on varying levels of misery. I never wanted to get to cry-it-out... but I don't want to set up my little fella for a lifetime of sleep issues either.

Wish us all luck, and sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment